We’re receiving a lot of calls about difficulty accessing various parts of our clients’ SBS Remote Web Access sites, and the users all have one thing in common: their personal computers recently installed version 11 of Internet Explorer. Below is a compilation of the problems and their solutions.
- Symptom 1: You’re missing the Connect button on your server’s Remote Web Access page.
- Symptom 2: If the page just doesn’t load or, after entering your credentials, you receive,
“404 – File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, has its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.” or
“This Web browser is not supported by RD Web Access. RD Web Access requires Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.”
Both symptoms can be corrected by:
- Click the Gear icon at the top-right of the Internet Explorer 11 window.
- Choose Compatibility View Settings
- The site you’re on is already filled in in the window that opened. Just Click Add then Close.
- The page will reload automatically and you’ll see the Connect button!